This is something for the fans to lean on as the album is in production. It feature's some new songs as well as some earlier tracks that have not been officially released.
Slam Dunk Records TV of Zambia and Da Grapevine TV of Zimbabwe bring to you the UNWTO 2013 Mixtape. The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. 24th August will see both countries jointly be hosting the general assembly and the Mixtape will also be released for free online and also hard copies that will be made available to delegates. Slam Dunk Records TV and Da Grapevine TV saw it fit to share with the rest of the world our culture through music, tackling various topics and vices in both societies. This Mixtape is the first of its kind and will serve as an outlet for Zambian and Zimbabwean youth to voice their opinions and stories of today’s happenings. The assembly will have up to 4 000 participants that are expected to attend from the 180 member countries, making this one of the most prestigious events of the year. Zambia and Zimbabwe both have a rich history and share a world heritage site, namely the Victoria Falls which is the biggest waterfalls in the world. This will be a great opportunity not only for tourists to experience the sites but also the versatile and diverse sounds that exist in both lands.
Lotahouse and retunes presents Mag44's 'Self Discovery (JiJUE) debut album launch. On the 28th of APRIL all roads lead to BARCLAYS SPORTS COMPLEX for the most anticipated album to drop this year. The launch starts at 1400HRS to 1800HRS and KR50 gets you in. Also on the night catch POMPI, TIO, ABEL CHUNGU MUSUKA, KAREN, TRINAH, SOBRE, PRYCHI and PEACE PREACHERS.
Following the release of Packaging and later, two other impressive singles; No Rent and Giant Killer, on the 2nd of November, 2012,Pompi released he's debut album, Mizu.
The album is available at Sounds Stores, La Mimosa at Arcades and also on Spotify. You can buy the album on iTunes as well, link: Mizu on iTunes
Marvel has finally completed the recording and final touching of his mixtape debut ‘Just bars’. This project has been in the oven for quite some time and Marvel has built up enough hype to unleash it onto the world. The mixtape features some international covers such as ‘6 foot 7 foot’ and Drakes ‘Ransom’. The locally produced content on the mixtape features some heavyweight producers such as Cashroll,(Producer of the hit song ‘Vitumbuwa’ and Zone fam’s ‘Contolola’) Greezy (a Zambian born and bred producer based in the U.K who also produced on Zone Fams first album: The Business) and upcoming producer Soul Def. Artists who have featured l;/kenmon the tape include the legendary ‘5ive 4our’, the phantom ‘Osari’, the amazing Krytic, the ever-witty K Star and the streetbanger beasts E-Chronic and Dagga. This might be the best gift local hip hop has ever received so spread the word and prepare your ears. The wordplay and intelligence Marvel brings to the table will be hard to match.
On 1st September, Jay Rox released his first solo effort entitled Mvesesani, an 18 track album. CDs and Tapes are available at all Supershine outlets and from all agents around the country! The album is also available at any of the Online Stores below:Mvesesani on Amazon.com.
Six years after the release of his acclaimed debut album Sound Legacy, Chilu Lemba is back with yet another offering of his blend of Hip Hop and Afro-pop with a hint of Zam-beats. This second album offers a more mature sound from Chilu and demonstrates how much he has grown as a person and as a musician and, more importantly, a lyricist and writer. Flowers, Needles & Drumbeats has the potential to sit on the same shelves as many African classics, simply because it is more of a well rounded offering than Sound Legacy and not only brings Chilu's lyrical prowess to the fore, but couples it with great production from some of Southern Africa's budding and top producers. Notable features on this album include Zubz, Kofi, Pompi, and JK, who lend their lyrical skills on the title track and create possibly one of the best collaborations in Southern African music this year. The song almost sounds as if Chilu had brought Fella Kuti back from the grave to lay down the instrumentation.
Go Getter was the 1st single off Chilu Lemba's album Flowers, Needles & Drumbeats album.
Directed by Mandiva Siyananzu, it was shot in Lusaka, Zambia & Windhoek, Namibia with cameo appearances by various celebs - mostly Zambian:
- Malizani - Boxer
- TK - Producer and owner of Romaside studio;
- Kalenga Nkonge a.k.a Daddy O - Radio host & Poet;
- Chishala Chitoshi Jr. a.k.a Gesh Groove - DJ, Lawyer & Entrepreneur/ Owner of Flava FM;
- Nawa Nkabika a.k.a DJ LBC - DJ & Radio Presenter;
- Kayombo (Kayo) - Musician & Entrepreneur... just launched a clothing line;
- Allan Mvula a.k.a DJ Life - Zambian Rap Pioneer & Radio Presenter;
- Joe Chibangu the Ambassador - Singer/ Producer;
- DJ Cosmo;
- Alinani Mugala - CEO at Straight Up Company;
- Roz - Radio Presenter;
- Miss Kalenga Mubanga - Corporate Executive;
- Simunza Muyangana - Blogger, Digital Media Expert/ Consultant at Digital Ice Interactive Media;
- Wam - Banker;
- Hamoba - Recording Artist;
- Cactus Agony - Recording Artist & Social Activist;
- Stephen Chishimba - Business Man (Ntulenga)/ Life of the party;
- Mr Vezzy - Recording Artist;
- Kamiza Chikula - Corporate Executive/ MC & Voiceover Artist;
- Freddy Phiri - Business Owner/ Media Executive Producer;
- Kenny 'Roc' Mumba - Co-owner GroundXero;
- Kayambila Mpulamasaka - Co-owner GroundXero;
- Mandiva & Tommy - Editors/ Director;
- James a.k.a JC - Recording artist signed to Sling Beats;
- Mbachi Nkhata a.k.a 3ill - Radio Presenter;
- Kaliwa Lubasa - Radio/ TV presenter & MC;
- Peaches - Radio Presenter;
- The Holstar - CEO Slam Dunk Records/ Recording Artist;
- Zone Fam- Hip Hop group - Jay Roxa, Thugga, Dope Gee, Young Verbal;
- B-Flow: Recording Artist